Celia Whitchurch is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s local higher education engagement research programme.
Celia is a Senior Lecturer at the UCL Institute of Education. Her research interests include the changing roles and identities of academic and professional staff, human resource management and staffing models.
CGHE research projects
Select recent publications
- Reconstructing Relationships in Higher Education: Challenging Agendas
New York: Routledge. 2017.
- Professional Staff Identities in Higher Education
In Encyclopaedia of International Higher Education Systems and Institutions. Dordrecht: Springer. 2017.
- Changing Professional and Academic Identities
In Oxford Bibliographies in Education. Ed. Anne Hynds. New York: Oxford University Press. 2017.
- Being a Higher Education Professional Today. Working in Third Space.
In University Development and Administration. Professional and Support Staff in Higher Education. Ed. C. Bossu and N. Brown. Dordrecht: Springer. 2017.
- Shifting landscapes: meeting the staff development needs of the changing academic workforce
The Higher Education Academy, January 2016
- The rise of third space professionals: paradoxes and dilemmas