Claire Callender is Deputy Director of the Centre for Global Higher Education, and leads CGHE’s social and economic impact of higher education research programme.
Claire is Professor of Higher Education Studies at UCL Institute of Education and at Birkbeck, University of London. Her research, writing and policy advice are focused on student finances in higher education and related issues. Claire was awarded an OBE in the New Years Honours 2017.
Claire’s full profile is available on Birkbeck’s website.
CGHE research projects
- The effects of tuition debt on graduate financial and life decisions in the UK and USA
Select recent publications
- Student financing of higher education: a comparative perspective
- The entry and experience of private providers of higher education in six countries
CGHE report, August 2016
- The “new” private higher education sector in the United Kingdom
International Higher Education, Summer 2016
- Managing the student experience in English higher education: differing responses to market pressures
London Review of Education, April 2016