Paul Temple is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher engagement research programme.
CGHE research projects
Select recent publications
- A Very Short Introduction to Universities (forthcoming). Oxford: Oxford University Press, (co-author).
- ‘Managing the student experience in English higher education: Differing responses to market pressures’. (2016) London Review of Education, 14(1), 32-44. (co-author).
- Valuing Higher Education: An appreciation of the work of Gareth Williams (2016). London: IOE Press. (joint editor).
- ‘The idea of the market in financing English higher education.’ In Barnett, R., Scott P. and Temple, P. (Eds.), (2016) Valuing Higher Education: An appreciation of the work of Gareth Williams. London: IOE Press.
- What has the Coalition Government done for higher education? (2015) London Review of Education, 13(2), 174-178.
- The Bologna Process and Institutional Change in Central and Eastern Europe (2015). Journal of the European Higher Education Area, 2015 (1), 1-10.
- The changing character of university work (2014). In Cunningham, B (ed) Professional life in modern British higher education. London: IOE Press.
- The Hallmark University: Distinctiveness in higher education management (2014). London: IOE Press.
- The Physical University: Contours of space and place in higher education (2014) (ed). Abingdon, Routledge.
- Aspects of UK Private Higher Education (2013). In Callender C and Scott P (eds) Browne and Beyond: Modernizing English higher education. London: IOE Press.
- Changing patterns of accountability in higher education in Eastern Europe (2013). International Studies in Higher Education, 13(1), 21-31.
- Effective universities: some considerations of funding, governance and management. In Kwiek M and Kurkiewicz A (eds), (2012) The Modernisation of European Universities: cross-national academic perspectives. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang.
- The University in the Knowledge Economy (2012) (ed). Abingdon: Routledge (International Studies in Higher Education).
- Learning Spaces as Social Capital. In Boddington A and Boys J (eds), (2011) Re-shaping Learning: A Critical Reader. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers.
- Accountability in Eastern Europe: Becoming like Everywhere Else?. In Stensaker B and Harvey L, (eds), (2011) Accountability in Higher Education: Global Perspectives on Trust and Power. New York, NY: Routledge.
- The university community in a European community: investigating the notion of an engaged university. In Kehm, B., Huisman, J., and Stensaker, B., (eds) (2009)
- The European Higher Education Area: Perspectives on a Moving Target. Rotterdam: Sense Publishers. (co-author)
- From space to place: university performance and its built environment (2009) Higher Education Policy 22, 209-223.
- Learning spaces in higher education: an under-researched topic (2008), London Review of Education 6(3), 229-241