Rebecca Schendel is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher education research programme.
Rebecca Schendel is Lecturer in Education and International Development at the UCL Institute of Education. Her research focuses on the relationship between higher education and human development in sub-Saharan Africa, with a particular emphasis on pedagogy, faculty development, student learning and processes of institutional change.
CGHE research projects
- Pathways to personal and public good: understanding access to, student experiences of, and outcomes from South African undergraduate higher education
Select recent publications
- Constructing departmental culture to support pedagogical change: Evidence from a case study in Rwanda
Higher Education, 2016
- Adapting, not adopting: barriers affecting teaching for critical thinking at two Rwandan universities
Comparative Education Review, 2016
- The impact of higher education on development
The Routledge handbook on international education and development, Routledge, 2016
- Critical thinking at Rwanda’s public universities: emerging evidence of a crucial development priority
International Journal of Educational Development, 2015