Stephen Hunt is a Research Associate on CGHE’s local higher education engagement research programme.
Stephen’s current research concerns alternative providers in the UK higher education sector, such as private and for profit institutions, overseas providers, MOOCs, and colleges of further education. More specifically, he is engaged in designing a survey of all providers of higher education in the UK, which is scheduled to run from 2016.
CGHE research projects
- Alternative, emerging and cross-border higher education provision and its relationship with mainstream higher education
Select recent publications
- THE CNAA art collection: Victor Pasmore, Britain’s art schools and higher education (blog)
- The uncertain future of US for-profit higher education (blog)
- What was Trump University, and why is it still important? (blog)
- The entry and experience of private providers of higher education in six countries
CGHE report, August 2016
- For-profit higher education in the US
CGHE annual conference, 1 March 2017
- Recent developments in for-profit higher education in the US: implications for England
University of Sheffield, 9 November 2016