Xiao Han is a Research Associate on CGHE’s global higher education engagement research programme.
CGHE research project
Select recent publications
- Higher education governance and policy in China: Managing decentralization and transnationalism
Policy and Society, 36(1), 34-48, 2017
- The rise of transnational higher education and changing educational governance in China International Journal of Comparative Education and Development, 18(1), 19-39, 2016
- From ‘brain drain’ to ‘brain bridging’: Transnational higher education development and graduate employment in China
Journal of Higher Education Policy and Management, 38(3), 369-389, 2016
- The quest for effective university governance: The Hong Kong experience
China Higher Education Research = 中国高教研究, (8), 55-60, 2016 [written in Chinese]
- Internationalization and transnationalization of higher education: A review of the Asia Pacific region
In Managing International Connectivity, Diversity of Learning and Changing Labour Markets (pp. 47-72). Springer Singapore. 2017.
- Getting connected with the global world: The promotion of internationalization in university campuses in Hong Kong and China
In Managing International Connectivity, Diversity of Learning and Changing Labour Markets (pp. 151-167). Springer Singapore. 2017.
- The challenges and benefits of transnational higher education: A case study of one Sino-foreign cooperation University in China
In University-Community Engagement in the Asia Pacific: Public Benefits beyond Individual Degrees (pp. 41-55). New York: Palgrave Macmillan. 2016.
- Assuring quality in transnational higher education: A case study of one Sino-foreign cooperation university in China
In Quality Issues at the University Level: Implementing Massification in Asian Higher Education (pp. 55-69). New York: Springer. 2016.
- International and transnational learning in higher education: a study of students’ career development in China
CGHE working paper 21, June 2017