- Chapman, B. J., Dearden, L. & Doan, D (2020) The International Revolution in Higher Education Financing: Concepts, research and policy in Callender, C., Locke, W. and Marginson, S. (eds) Changing Higher Education for a Changing World. London: Bloomsbury
- Dearden, L., & Nascimento, P. M. (2019). Modelling alternative student loan schemes for Brazil. Economics of Education Review, 71: 49-64.
- Chapman, B. & Doan, D. (2019). Financing higher education: Concepts, empirical method and international policy reforms. Economics of Education Review 71:1-6
- Dearden, L. (2019). Evaluating and designing student loan systems: an overview of empirical approaches. Economics of Education Review, 71: 49-64
- Britton, J., Dearden, L., Shephard, N., & Vignoles, A. (2019). Is improving access to university enough? Socio-economic gaps in the earnings of English graduates. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 81, (2)0305–9049 doi:10.1111/obes.12261
- Armstrong, S., Dearden, L., Kobayashi, M., & Nagase, N. (2019). Student loans in Japan: Current problems and possible solutions. Economics of Education Review 71: 120-134. doi:10.1016/j.econedurev.2018.10.012
- Barr, N., Chapman, B. J., Dearden, L., & Dynarski, S. M. (2019). The US College Loans System: Lessons from Australia and England. Economics of Education Review 71: 32-48
- Chapman, B., & Doris, A. (2019). Modelling Higher Education Financing Reform for Ireland. Economics of Education Review 71: 109-119
- Yu, C., Chapman, B and Wan, Q. (2018) Repayment Burdens from Mortgage-style Student Loans and Towards an Income Contingent Loan for China’, Economics of Education Review, 71:95-108
- Chapman, B. & Hicks, T. (2018). The political economy of the Higher Education Contribution Scheme. In B. Cantwell, H. Coates, & R. King (Eds.). Handbook of the Politics of Higher Education. Cheltenham, Glos: Edward Elgar Publishing Limited: 248-264.
- Chapman, B. (2018). ‘It Works in Practice, But Would It Work in Theory? Joseph Stiglitz’s Contribution to Our Understanding of Income Contingent Loans’, in Martin Guzman (ed.) Towards a Just Society: Joseph Stiglitz and Twenty-First Century Economics, New York: Columbia University Press, pp. 479-492
- Chapman, B. (2018). “HECS: A Hybrid Model for Higher-Education Financing” in M. Fabian and R. Breunig (eds.), Hybrid Public Policy Innovations: Contemporary Policy Beyond Ideology, London, UK: Routledge: 119
- Chapman, B. ‘The Politics of HECS’, in P. Texiera and J. Shin (eds.) (2018), Encyclopedia of International Higher Education Systems and Institutions, Springer, Dordrecht
- Chapman, B. (2017) Student financing of higher education’ (with D. Flannery and A. Doris), in J. Cullinan and D. Flannery (eds.), Economic Insights on Higher Education Policy in Ireland, Palgrave Macmillan, 247-272
- Chapman, B. J., & Dearden, L. (2017). Conceptual and Empirical Issues for Alternative Student Loan Designs: The Significance of Loan Repayment Burdens for the US. The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 671(1): 249-268
- Botterill, L. C., Chapman, B., and Kelly. S. (2017) Revisiting revenue contingent loans for drought relief: government as risk manager. Australian Journal of Agriculture and Resource Economics, 61(3): 367-384.
All projects in this Research Programme