Jenni Case is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher education engagement research programme and CGHE’s local higher education engagement research programme.
Jenni is an Honorary Professor at the University of Cape Town in South Africa and Department Head and Professor in the Department of Engineering Education at Virginia Tech in the US.
Her research on the student experience of learning, focusing mainly on science and engineering education, has been published across a range of journal articles in higher education. Her recent book, Researching student learning in higher education: A social realist approach, was published in 2013 by Routledge. She is a coordinating editor for the international journal Higher Education and a co-editor for the Routledge/SRHE series Research into Higher Education.
CGHE research projects
- Pathways to personal and public good: understanding access to, student experiences of, and outcomes from South African undergraduate higher education
- Knowledge, curriculum and student agency
Select recent publications
- Bringing together knowledge and capabilities: a case study of engineering graduates
Higher Education, 2015
- Emergent interactions: rethinking the relationship between teaching and learning
Teaching in Higher Education, 2015
- Researching student learning in higher education: A social realist approach