Peter Scott is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher education engagement research programme.
Peter is Professor of Higher Education Studies at the UCL Institute of Education. His research interests are in the evolution of mass higher education systems, new patterns of knowledge production and the governance and management of universities. He is a Fellow of the Academy of Social Sciences and the Academia Europaea, and Trustee of the Higher Education Policy Institute.
CGHE research projects
- University governance, local embeddedness and global engagement in the UK and Europe
Select recent publications
- International higher education and the ‘neo-liberal turn’
International Higher Education, 2016
- Private commodities and public goods: markets and values in higher education
- Clashing concepts and methods: assessing excellence in the humanities and social science
- Dynamics of academic mobility: hegemonic internationalisation or fluid globalisation
European Review, 2015
- Academic mobility, migration and identity
Academia Europaea Annual Conference, July 2016