This symposium will be a high-level forum that brings together eminent university and thought leaders from the UK, European Union, Asia and the USA to share their experience and expertise in addressing the major global higher education issues of our times.
Hosted by CGHE and the University of New South Wales, the symposium will explore the strategic global and national challenges for universities and university leaders in a contested higher education landscape in the post Trump/Brexit world.
The symposium will be followed by a networking reception from 16:00-18:00.
- Keynote speaker: Dr Joanna Newman, Chief Executive and Secretary General, Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Professor Philip Altbach, Research Professor, Boston College, USA
- Professor Dame Nicola Brewer, Vice-Provost International, University College London
- Professor Alastair Buchan, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Head of Brexit Strategy), University of Oxford
- Professor Edward Byrne, President and Principal, King’s College London
- Professor Sir David Greenaway, Vice-Chancellor, University of Nottingham
- Professor Ian Jacobs, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of New South Wales Sydney, Australia
- Professor Raj Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, OP Jindal Global University, India
- Professor Simon Marginson, CGHE Director, UCL Institute of Education
- Professor Funmi Olonisakin, Interim Vice President/Vice-Principal (International), King’s College London
- Laurie Pearcey, Pro Vice-Chancellor International, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
- Dr Vivienne Stern, Director, UK Universities International
- Professor Pedro Teixeira, Vice-Rector, University of Porto, Portugal
- Professor Marijk van der Wende, Dean of Graduate Studies, Utrecht University, Netherlands
Registration for this event is essential. Register to attend
The symposium will be broadcast globally from 10:00-16:00 (London), 7 September 2017. Details of the livestream will be available soon.