Robert Tijssen is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher education engagement research programme.
Robert is Professor of Science and Innovation Studies at Leiden University in the Netherlands; he is also a Professor at Stellenbosch University, South Africa.
His research specialisation is the intersection between science, innovation and higher education systems, focusing mainly on university Research & Development performance issues, knowledge flows, and technological innovation. Robert contributes to the Leiden Ranking of research universities.
- UK universities interacting with industry: patterns of research collaboration and inter-sectoral mobility of academic researchers
CGHE research projects
- Higher education’s engagement with industry: metrics and indicators of boundary spanning UK academics
Select recent publications
- Do science parks promote research and technology? A scientometric analysis of the UK
- Early stage identification of breakthroughs at the interface of science and technology: lessons drawn from a landmark publication
- Academic inventions and patents in the Netherlands: a case study on business sector exploitation
World Patent Information, 2014