Celia Whitchurch is Principal Investigator on CGHE Project 3.2 entitled The Future Higher Education Workforce in Locally and Globally Engaged Higher Education Institutions.
Celia is an Associate Professor at the UCL Institute of Education. Her research interests include the changing roles and identities of academic and professional staff, human resource management and staffing models.
- The future higher education workforce in locally and globally engaged higher education institutions: a review of literature on the topic of ‘the academic workforce’
- A delicate balance: optimising individual aspirations and institutional missions in higher education
CGHE research projects
Select recent publications
- From a diversifying workforce to the rise of the itinerant academic.
Higher Education. DOI: 10.1007/s10734-018-0294-6.
- Being a Higher Education Professional Today. Working in Third Space.
In C. Bossu and N. Brown (eds). Professional and Support Staff in Higher Education. University Development and Administration. Singapore: Springer.
- Professional Staff Identities in Higher Education.
In Encyclopaedia of International Higher Education Systems and Institutions. Dordrecht: Springer
- Changing Professional and Academic Identities
In Oxford Bibliographies in Education. Ed. Anne Hynds. New York: Oxford University Press. 2017.
- Shifting landscapes: meeting the staff development needs of the changing academic workforce
The Higher Education Academy, January 2016
- The rise of third space professionals: paradoxes and dilemmas