Ellen Hazelkorn is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher education engagement research programme.
Ellen Hazelkorn is Professor Emerita, Technological University Dublin (Ireland). She is International Co-Investigator, Centre for Global Higher Education (CGHE), and member of the Quality Board for Higher Education (Iceland). She is a member of the Commission on the College of the Future (UK), and the Strada/Lumina Foundation, Global Postsecondary and Workforce Initiative. Ellen was Policy Advisor, and board member, of the Higher Education Authority (2011-2017), and Vice President, Dublin Institute of Technology (1995-2008), Ireland.
Ellen’s full profile is available here.
- Public goods and public policy: what is public good, and who and what decides?
- Rankings and higher education: reframing relationships within and between states
- Higher education and Brexit: current European perspectives
CGHE research projects
- University governance, local embeddedness and global engagement in the UK and Europe
Select recent publications
- Research Handbook on University Rankings: History, Methodology, Influence and Impact
Edward Elgar Publishing, (2021 forthcoming)
- Relationships between Higher Education and the Labour Market – A Review of Trends, Policies and Good Practices
UNESCO, (2020 forthcoming)
- The Science for Policy Report on Skills for Smart Specialisation: The role of Vocational Education and Training in Smart Specialisation Strategies
Publications Office of the European Union, 2019
- The Geopolitics of Higher Education. What do Global University Rankings Tell Us? In International Education in a Time of Global Disruption
- Why Education Matters for Sustainable Development
Newsletter of the Southern Catalonia Knowledge Region, 2019
- Part of the Furniture” – Ireland, Bologna, and Two Decades of Higher Education Reform, In B. Broucker, K. De Wit, J. C. Verhoeven and L. Leišytė (eds). Higher Education System Reform. An International Comparison after Twenty Years of Bologna
- Developing Meaningful Higher Education Evaluation Systems: Putting China in Context
International Journal of Chinese Education, 2018