Ellen Hazelkorn is a Co-Investigator on CGHE’s global higher education engagement research programme.
Ellen is Emeritus Professor and Director, Higher Education Policy Research Unit (HEPRU), Dublin Institute of Technology (Ireland). She runs an international consultancy firm focusing on education, BH Associates. She was previously Policy Adviser to the Higher Education Authority (HEA) 2011-2017 and President of EAIR (European Higher Education Society) 2013-2016, and advises and reviews for governments, international organisations and universities. She is Joint Editor of Policy Reviews in Higher Education and a 2018-19 NAFSA Senior Fellow.
Ellen’s full profile is available on HEPRU’s website.
- Public goods and public policy: what is public good, and who and what decides?
- Rankings and higher education: reframing relationships within and between states
CGHE research projects
- University governance, local embeddedness and global engagement in the UK and Europe
Select recent publications
- The impact and future of arts and humanities research
Palgrave Macmillan, December 2016
- The civic university. The policy and leadership challenges
Edward Elgar, November 2016
- Global rankings and the geopolitics of higher education
- Towards 2030: a framework for building a world-class post- compulsory education system for Wales
Government report, March 2016
- How the geo-politics of rankings is shaping behaviour
HERB – Higher Education in Russia and Beyond, 2015
- Sustainability and affordability: is there a magic bullet?
International Higher Education, Spring 2015